Firebird, Grant, Stanley, Sorn, Hamco, Cleopatra and all converted units.
A.G.A. a speciality.
Having your oil unit serviced annually reduces the risk of carbon monoxide leakage and the chance of a breakdown. When we service your unit, you are assured that it has been serviced by a qualified engineer.
Included in your service is:
- Check for oil leaks from tank and above ground piping/fittings
- Check for significant corrosion on the boiler’s outer sheet metal, its cast-iron sections, flue, electrical controls, nearby piping and components.
- Open the boiler top or look through the inspection port to check for cracks in the firebox or on the target wall (the fire clay box or wall that the burner fires into or against)
- Check the draft regulator for free movement
- Replace fuel filter
- Check operation of oil shut-off valve
- Check air inlets to boiler room and burner for blockage/size
- Check for cracks/damage to burner refractory
- Clean/adjust spark electrodes
- Clean burner diffuser and air tube
- Check ignition transformer, HT cable and porcelain for cracking/deterioration
- Check operation of draught stabilizer
- Check/clean flame photocell
- Clean boiler gas side heat transfer surfaces
- Check operation of high limit thermostat
- Replace burner nozzle
- Adjust burner pressure and diffuser plate to obtain correct flame shape/length
- Check operation of flame failure device
In addition the the above checks, we will also carry out a combustion efficiency test on the appliance to ensure that the boiler is operating at its optimum efficiency.
Combustion efficiency check
- Boiler combustion gas O2
- Boiler combustion gas CO
- Boiler combustion gas ºC
- Resultant boiler combustion efficiency (gross) (nett)